Working for yourself can be incredibly rewarding. You are free from the 9 – 5 syndrome, no one breathing down your neck, no getting stuck in traffic or in crowded trains on the daily commute. You can choose your customers, design your own work-space and spend your time on things that you care about.
You feel pride when you get a new contract or client and thrilled when they recognise your good service and recommend you to others.
Or that is how it’s supposed to be!
There can be downsides. Working for yourself often means that you are wearing lots of hats: owner, director, specialist worker, accounts clerk, goffer, marketer, salesperson, office cleaner. The list is endless, and with all the pressing priorities, how easy is it to concentrate on the ones that will yield the greatest reward?
Income may be erratic, you may find that your business starts to take over and family life suffers, or the opposite! You find yourself doing household or family things when you should be working.
You may have lots of ideas but be unsure which to do or in what order. You may feel yourself running out of steam and need some encouragement.
As life and business coaches we will share your concerns. You will have someone who knows what it’s like, who can encourage and give you the space and time to really think through what you want to do and how to do it so that you can focus on your goals and help you design and implement strategies to achieve them.
We work with clients to:
- Create, update or clarify a vision. What is it that you really want to achieve. What are your goals?
- Create a business plan with steps to reach your goal.
- Turn those steps into reality
- Help you become more productive in less time, increasing your value, your turnover and ultimately your profit.
- Lessen your stress
- Make you accountable for doing what you say you will do – knowing that you are going to be asked is always motivating!
In addition to working with us on your personal goals you will also have free access to our management and personal development programme which covers areas such as
- Improving communication skills
- Improving confidence levels
- Knowing how to prioritise
- Having good decision making skills
- Getting a better work/family life balance
- Improving persuasion and negotiating skills
- Know how to focus and on what
- Be able to work independently
Our clients have told us that they found working with us ‘life changing’.
We will be delighted to have an introductory discussion, for up to an hour. This will explain coaching and establish whether we can work effectively together. There is no charge for this session.
If you are interested in this, click here and give us your details, putting “coaching” in the subject line.